Thursday 13 January 2011

Great Design Books!

I was pleased to see two lovely design books I ordered arrive in the post today. The first is called 'Patterns'. Its a great resource book full of all different kinds of patterns from motif, abstract to illustrated. It features designs by the likes of Carolyn Gavin, Catalina Estrada and Rachael taylor. I think its great to add to all design libraries.



The other book I ordered is called 'Digital Textile Design'. Now this is a great resource if you want to brush up on your portfolio skills. It illustrates with screenshots how to create all kinds of repeats using Photoshop and Illustrator. It also goes through all techniques used to create a digital images from drawing straight on the screen to scanning in fabrics. I think I'll find this book especially useful as I've not been a pattern designer for along time. I worked previously as a technical illustratorso its great for me to learn more. I've include a sampler from the book below.

No comments:

Post a Comment