Monday 26 September 2011

Happy Colours (and defaults)


Today I thought I'd share with you a sample from part of a new textile design Im working on. Its so lovely to work with bright palettes when the world around you seems so grey! By that I mean Greece. 

Living in Greece has never been easy but for the majority its about to get a whole lot harder with the impending default on its debt. Things are so expensive here already especially when you compare to the UK it makes you wonder how much more expensive they will get. 

Also you have to consider this is a country where the average wage is about 800 Euros a month. People are starting to get very angry with the government so who knows what the next couple of months will bring. Luckily I work for foreign companies so my job is safe but I have lots of friends who really don't know what they will do if they lose there jobs. Lets all try and support Greece in this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment