Thursday 18 March 2010

Wallpapers

I think my dream job as a designer would be to create wallpaper designs. I just love all the endless possiblities there are with wallpapers. Quite often I'm in a home furnishing shop and I'm really inspired by the wallpaper and fabric designs. Recently I was choosing fabrics for our new sofa and I just couldn't put the fabric books down, the salesman started to lose his patience with me but it was so enjoyable just browsing through all those designs!

I also think wallpaper designs are always one step ahead when it comes to trend. I particularly love the Sanderson range designed by Maggie Levin. I've posted a few samples below. I really like the bold colours and fine detail. Its nice to see designers using black with dark pinks, its a change from all the black and white that was in fashion last season. All the wallpapers below are available at www.johnlewis.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment